The CAFE Foundation is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The CAFE Foundation may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You may check this page at any time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25 May, 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to our mission and activities
|What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve what we offer the global community.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about special events or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- We may use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
|What we will NOT do with the information we gather
The information we gather from you may be used for the above purposes, but we want to assure you that it will not be used for the following:
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
- Our email list is confidential and purpose driven for CAFE Foundation alone. It will not be used to further business interests outside of CAFE Foundation.
- We do not use your personal information to customize the website based on your interests.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie does not give us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and review the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box you can select which says to us that you do not want to receive email announcements from CAFE Foundation.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your email address for email announcements, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held about you please write to:
The CAFE Foundation
P.O. Box 313 Sebastopol, CA 95473
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
For information or assistance, please contact Yolanka Wulff, CAFE Foundation Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (206) 660-8498